Sunday, February 5, 2017

writing a job you like

I have been writing professionally since 1984 partly because I enjoy being alone (I am an only child with no sisters, brothers or even a dad). I am a loner, but I’m fine with that. I also love to type and have since I was 18 and took an adult education typing course.

When I begin each morning, five days a week, I cruise Facebook and Twitter, check my email and start writing by 10 a.m. I reread what I had written the day before just to get my motor running. I get my coffee, open the blinds onto the courtyard and set my timer for 90 minutes.

At the end of the 90 minutes, I take a break of about 10 minutes and then do another 90 minutes. I take 45 minutes for lunch and get in two more 90-minute sessions by the end of my day. Total writing time: about six hours a day, five days a week. Over a three-month span, my 1,500 daily words amount to around 90,000 words, a good secret draft for a novel.

Above from the book NOVEL SECRETS,
available for Kindle for only $2.99:
http://smarturl.it/novsec


Lary Crews